Installing a new heating and air conditioning system in your home is a complex process involving a team of technicians working all around your house. It takes several hours to complete, but the finished product will create improved efficiency, keep your family more comfortable and save you money on your utility bills.
While the work necessary to install a new heating system might take most of the day, you can help to make things easier for the installation crew to do their job by making some simple preparations before they arrive.
Preparing for Your New HVAC System
- Clean up the clutter. Pick up all the things in your home that might get in the way of the workers. Things lying on the floor will slow them down and are also a safety hazard.
- Prepare your yard. Some of the work will have to be done outdoors, especially around where the condensing unit will go. Pick up the hose and yard tools and make some space around the slab.
- Move the furniture. The crew will need a clear path to the area where your HVAC system is located. Moving the furniture out of the way will save time and effort.
- Restrain your pets. Take steps to keep your pets separate from the technicians. Confine them to a room for the duration or make arrangements for them to stay with a friend or family member.
- Consider young children. Kids are naturally curious and they’ll be interested in the work going on and almost certainly get in the way. If they’re not in school during the day, consider taking them on an outing or letting them stay with relatives.
- Be at home when they come. Make sure that you or someone else is at home when the installation is scheduled and be prepared to show the technicians around. If possible, stick around during the work to answer questions if necessary.
Our technicians will take steps to keep your home as clean as possible during the installation of your new HVAC system by wearing protective coverings over their shoes and using work mats on your floors. If you can think of anything else you can do to help the job go smoothly, it would be greatly appreciated.
Knight’s Mechanical clients receive a free, one-year Shield Preventative Maintenance plan with the purchase of a new heating or air conditioning system. Contact us with any questions and to schedule your HVAC installation.