As a homeowner, you probably don’t think about your sewer system that much. But now that you are (you’re welcome!), do you worry about your sewer lines leaking or breaking? How would you know if this happened? Like other systems in your home, your sewer lines also should be maintained regularly by a plumbing team. Learn more below, and make sure you are familiar with the top reasons to call a plumber.
The Top Signs of a Sewer Line Leak
If you have a sewer line leak, it should be addressed as quickly as possible. Therefore, you need to be familiar with a few of the most common signs of a sewer line leak. Examples include:
- An odd sewage gas odor throughout your home
- Extra green or lush patches of grass on your lawn
- Cracks in your foundation or settling cracks in your building
- Your toilet takes longer to drain
- Mold problems throughout your home
A sewer line leak can lead to a costly repair, which is why you need to reach out to professionals as quickly as possible.
How To Prevent a Sewer Line Leak
As a homeowner, there are also ways you can prevent this leak from happening. If you are interested in avoiding a sewer line leak, a few key points to keep in mind include:
- Reach out to a professional who can measure the pressure in your sewer line. That way, you don’t have to worry about overloading lines.
- During the inspection process, make sure your contractor tightens the fittings around your sewer line. This will prevent them from breaking.
- You should also make sure the joints around your sewer lines are sealed to prevent them from leaking.
- Do not flush anything down a sewer except for sewage and toilet paper. Flushing foreign objects down the toilet is a great way to break your sewer lines.
Contact Knight’s Mechanical for Commercial or Residential Sewer and Water Line Repair or Maintenance
If you want to institute the sewer line preventive measures listed above, reach out to professionals at Knight’s Mechanical. And if you have questions or concerns about any other commercial or residential sewer or water line issues, you can rely on us. It would be our pleasure to help you. Contact us today!